Friday, March 9, 2012

Southern Tier 2xIPA

This is the best IPA that I've had in a long time. It beats 90 Minute from Dogfish Head, Stone Ruination, Bells Hopslam (waiting for the lightning and haters) , and even the Ohio brewed GLBC Lake Erie Monster.
 I picked up a sixer of this for around $10 at a local wine and beer shop off of 161 and Sunbury called Wine and Brew Emporium.  It's a double IPA so I was under the impression it might be a little more but I wasn't going to pay a Hopslam price. $18 for Hopslam, seriously Bells?
  It has a perfect blend of citrus hops and malt that finishes extremely clean. The 8.5 abv is diabolically hidden and leaves only a warmth that wrapped me in a cozy bed of hoppy goodness. This will be cloned! Until then it will be a staple in the kegerator and always recommended to anyone who favors the Pacific coast hop.
Seriously go get some before I clear the shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment