Sunday, December 4, 2011

Beer Review - Great Lakes Christmas Ale

Enjoying the glass of the month at the Winking Lizard on Hutchinson off 23. I can't believe they have it available, afterall its the 4th! /sarcasm intended
$4.75 for the pint and $6.95 for the glass. A bit expensive in my opinion but I liked the glass.
I've never had anything bad to say about Great Lakes brew and it'll stay the course in this review.
The color was a deep amber with a very nice head that didn't last very long. The aroma was filled with honey and Christmas spices, yes, it smelled like Christmas. Cinnamon, clove, caramel in the finish. Malty with a slight bite near the end but nothing to complain about, in fact I enjoyed it and it warmed my spirit. If I had to make a guess at the hop addition I would say some noble German hop like Hallertau or Saaz. This time of the season is my favorite for beers and this is among the top. It's very good and worth a try. If you can find it pick up a sixer and give it a shot. I'm still working on next years Christmas Ale because I've been busy over at the Graydentech blog working on inputting Microsoft's SCCM into my computer lab at home. I know I know, beer is helluva a lot more fun but it's not bringing in the Benjamin's (yet).
Stay tuned for the upcoming I'd Tap That Christmas Beer Tasting Extravaganza! I'm getting together a small group of beer snobs for a group tasting. Each of us will be tasked to pick up a six-pack, bomber, or growler of the Christmas Ale of their choice. We'll divide and conquer from there and try all of them. I'll post the results within 2 weeks so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment