Friday, December 9, 2011

Beer Review - Bells Java Stout (plus a Video!)


I hope this made you thirsty, it's one of many video's I'll be posting in the days to come. I have 3 cameras and a few extra minutes per day to put these together. This was the initial run of my 1st attempt using my Nexus 4g and FujiFilm S700. I also have a microcam I'm going to use soon too.

Now, did I like it? Definitely. It's going to be a staple in my kegerator. (Way to go Bells! :)) Smooth creamy espresso and light cream (wheat? oatmeal?) made this go down too easy. If you like dark, very bold coffee you will be in heaven with this. Hops are virtually impossible to detect since the espresso flavor is so on top. There are hints of cocoa from some black patent malt (just a guess) but that bold espresso knocks everything else out of the park. Don't misunderstand me, it remains a very balanced beer. I've had others that taste like someone dropped a shot of coffee in a glass of beer and tried pulling it off as a "java or coffee" beer but Bells Java Stout is nothing of the sort.
Another "freebie" given to me by Bill.....thanks for the brew!

Coming soon (tomorrow) The Christmas Ale tasting. Beers included:
Bells - Christmas Ale
Anchor - Christmas Ale 2011
Schlafly - Christmas Ale 2010
Hoppin' Frog - Frosted Frog Christmas Ale
Troeg's - Mad Elf
Avery Brewing - Old Jubilation

There will be more but the rest of the bums aren't getting back to me. I hope Ogi brings his home brewed Christmas Ale. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment